I thought the JW Marriott in Venice was neat because it has a float in boat dock. The Bancock bathroom tells the story for that hotel making the JW look like camping. Bill B.
This was the most interesting day so far... very informative. my first selfie - leaving on the tour bus! First we visited Jumeirah Mosque by the port. It a key part of the 'Open doors. Open minds' program of the Sheikh Mohammed Center. It is open to tours for all Muslim or not. We did not go in but I learned that the significance of the minarets... is that they face the where the population lives so they can be called to prayer. This mosque has 2 since the other sides don't face towards the people. Also the Muslim calendar is a lunar calendar which is why you will see full moons and crescent moons on the tops of the domes and minarets. Then we did a tour of the new Dubai... where all the big buildings are... All of this was created in the last 20 years... its nuts... The Burj Al Arab hotel...which looks like a sail... and of course the Burj Khalifa... my photos don't do either justice... but here they are anyway!! Then we traveled to the 'old Du...
So didn’t leave the ship today, I was way behind on the project I’m supporting… so worked and did laundry and ironed!!! But I did get all gussied up.. and went out to one of the fancy restaurants Throwback to the 60s
So far my favorite place in Malaysia has been Penang. Our first stop was Chew Jetty. The Clan Jetties of Penang are historic Chinese villages built out over the water on long jetties . Typically, each Jetty belongs to a single family clan, with dozens of wooden houses on each. Located in George Town, Malaysia, they are UNESCO sites . Home on the Chew Jetty A view of the Lim Jetty I think the Lee Jetty The next stop on the tour was the Khoo Konsgi - this is a Chinese clan association it is a collection of buildings and the really cool clan house Leong San Tong. Here is an outline of the clan buildings. I wish we would have spent more time here and a discussion of the architecture. Here is a photo of the clan house and a close up of some of the stone cravings. The link provides a lot of information With Chinese New Years coming up… and the streets are being decorated. These areas were particularly lovely Then it was on to a Chaiya Mangalaram Thai Buddh...
I thought the JW Marriott in Venice was neat because it has a float in boat dock. The Bancock bathroom tells the story for that hotel making the JW look like camping. Bill B.
ReplyDeleteNo kidding… right!!! Nancy and I are getting home and having the toilet installed in our houses…. May have to sell a kidney but it be ours !!!!
Delete